Hedge trimming doesn't have to be a headache - follow these tried and tested steps for beautiful results.
- Use a well-sharpened clippers or hedge trimmers.
- Start at the side of the hedge first (not the top).
- Keep the base of the hedge wider at the bottom than at the top. This allows light into the bottom branches.
- Get a good steady platform, if needed and trim the top ensuring that you are above the hedge as you are trimming.
- Gather all cuttings and put them in the compost bin.
- Apply fast-grow fertilizer to the hedge- spreading one handful per metre for small hedges, two handfuls per metre for bigger hedges.
If you have any further questions about hedge trimming, contact our team here at Growyourgarden.ie.
Share this article: