Patio and Driveway Maintenance
Sometimes we forget areas of our home such as patios and driveways need a little TLC sometimes too. Here is our advice on keeping them in good condition.
- Paving can be power washed. If weeds are growing between the cracks of paving apply weedkiller before power washing. After using weedkiller, leave until weeds turn yellow before power washing.
- If you have stone chippings on your patio or driveway, apply a weedkiller. Once dead, pull the weeds by hand.
- Keep leaves raked off patio/ driveway in the Autumn as otherwise this will encourage weeds to grow.
- Rake the stones that mound from cars and people walking frequently.
- Every few year, top up stone chippings with fresh chippings.
If you have any further questions about patio and driveway maintenance, contact our team here at Growyourgarden.ie.
Share this article: