When you've committed to planting trees, you will want to use the most effective methods to get the best possible results.
Here are some steps for planting all standard trees between 5ft- 8ft.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the pot/ roots
- Loosen the bottom of the hole and incorporate one handful of fast- grow chicken manure into the bottom of the hole.
- Remove tree from pot and place in hole.
- Make sure the stem of the tree is not below ground level.
- Mix one handful of fast- grow chicken manure with remaining soil and fill in around the roots with this.
- Firm- in with heel of foot all around the tree.
- Pound a 3-inch stake tight to the main stem of the tree until it has a firm holding in the ground.
- Use a soft rubber tie to tie the tree to the stake.
If you have any further questions about tree planting, contact our team here at Growyourgarden.ie.
Share this article: